Just another Manic Monday! Let me just say, I have been blessed by the most beautiful wedding ring ever!
So it all started last night at hand bell practice at church. I took my ring off and placed it on the stand (same routine every week). After a great practice I ran out the door to go home feed Marley, take her out, and put her right back up. I ran to THE LOOP grabbed dinner for Katie and I and headed over to her house. We chatted about their new gorgeous baby Maggie, Jacksonville, and family.
After great fellowship I went back home to play with Marley - do laundry - and wash dishes - Once the house was in order I realized...... NO RING! I did not panic, I knew I left it at church on the second floor in the bell room locked in for the night. As any good wife, I told Chris all about the mishap and promised I would go by the church on Monday and get the ring.
Monday morning comes around. I call the church - no ring in the bell room. My heart drops... No ring???? I immediately start retracing my steps. "Maybe Katie remembers if I was wearing it or not" - I call Katie, she is pretty sure I was wearing my ring - Once again calmness returns and I am SURE the ring is sitting next to the sink where I did dishes. At this point I know when I tell Chris he is going to flip - which he did - which sent me into hysterics. He tells me he is on his way home to search for the ring. I am confident when I tell him "it is there sitting next to the sink". He calls a few minutes later... NO RING!!!!! Tears start crawling down my face... could I have done it... Lost my ring? We stay on the phone as he travels from last known spots around the house - no ring, no ring, no ring. At this point the tears are gushing down my face - I am on my way home. Immediately, I begin to pray that the good Lord would help me remember - help me re-trace my steps. Could I have lost it while walking Marley? Is it in the washer with the whites? Is it down the sink? As each scenario gets worse and worse I fall deeper into hysterics - Once again, I snap out of it and Pray for peace and calmness - for both me and Chris (at this point I know he is MAD). As I wheel into the driveway 20 minutes later I am trying to think who would we know with a metal detector......Chris walks out the door with ring in the air!!!! I am so relieved I scream/cry with joy and thankfulness. Where was the ring you might be wondering.... Right where a good wife should leave it... In her Jewelry box! Sadly, neither Chris nor I gave me enough credit to check there! Moral of the story - God grants peace and answers prayers AND....Your husband WILL get mad when you lose your ring, but WILL be pleased once it is found where it should have been all along :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That sounds like something I would do! I am so glad that you found you ring!
i am your first post! Yeah!
Hi!! Just found your blog! Thanks for the comment on mine! How was your thanksgiving?! We'll be down in Palm Harbor for Christmas, will you be making that trip too? That'd be awesome if we could see each other! I miss you Em!
Post a Comment