10/04/2009

Imagine...

Imagine what it would be like to be a fully devoted follower of Christ.


Our church body is currently Imagining. We are in the middle of a church wide spiritual growth campaign developed by Tim Passmore - Image... the fully devoted life.

The series focuses on four aspects of the Christian life - Testimony, Time, Talent and Treasures. This Sunday our Pastor started talking about Time.

Fully Devoted followers of Christ Spend Time with Him every day. Take a look at Jeremiah 29:11-14a - you might have the first part memorized , but what about the words after?

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,"declares the Lord
Jeremiiah 29:11-14a


Wow! Convicting words for me. I realized at that point I only seek him when I need answers - and in My timing. God has a plan for me, a good plan for my life, this is His promise - but I need to seek Him with my WHOLE heart - if I do, He will be found!

Awareness of God is directly linked to the Desire of my heart. God isn't playing Hide and seek with me. He is there just waiting for me to come to him with my whole heart. Throughout the bible God speaks through dreams - could this be because when we are sleeping we are FINALLY still. Has God been waiting on us all day just to sit - be still - in the quiet to listen to Him? Are we too concerned with our own needs that we miss this and sleep is the only time we give Him? Are we seeking God for an answer to our situation - or are we seeking God to strengthen our relationship? Tough questions posed today by our Pastor, Gary Lee Webber. Personally, tough, convicting questions. I have been challenged to truly Seek Him. For the next week I will spend 1 hour a day alone with God. I am looking forward to just being with Him in the still. I will seek him with all of my heart - for once!

Something about the sermon today just *clicked*. Imagine if I were a fully devoted follower of Christ with my Testimony, Time, Talent, and Treasures - Imagine!

Imagine if you were too!


************************************************************************************
If you are a local reader and interested on hearing more about our church, please let me know. I would love for you to visit with us one Sunday. If you are not local and intersted in listening to these great sermons you can visit our website and listen to the sermons online.
All pictures are from my recent trip to Ethiopia

No comments: