9/28/2009

Savannah

We are lucky to be located in north Florida. We are so close to many great weekend getaways. This past weekend we found our way to Savannah with some great friends. The boys picked a great new boutique hotel, The Bohemian. The hotel just opened in July - you could still smell the "new smell".


My most enjoyable thing about the hotel was their choice in lighting. Somehow I only ended up pictures of the unique oyster sconces in the bathroom.



While the boys were playing golf - the girls shopped. We were headed for Broughton Street when the rain started. After getting DRENCHED in a down pour - Nancy and I found ourselves at the spa - massages were in order!


Savannah is home to one of my favorite stores. The Paris Market. I would love to open a location here in Jacksonville.



Saturday night we enjoyed a great dinner at the Pink House. My mouth waters just thinking about our meal. We were feeling good! The hotel is located on Bay Street so we could walk everywhere we wanted to go. It works out nice when you need to walk off eating too much food!



We finished the trip with a visit to the famous River Street Sweets - No disappoints! Chris was a little kid literally in a candy shop. I am getting hungry for a praline just talking about it. I will leave you with this while I eat dessert!


No comments: